The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Sunday February 4, 2007 at 06:54
aimfire
Long Time Member
February 2007
Hmmm, I'm very disappointed in my 1000 so far...

Compared to the 880, it seems so much more "buggy", more of a beta release that was shipped out too early. I found the 880 to be a little quirky too, but for the price, you could tolerate it. With the 1000 costing hundreds more, those quirks are less easy to swallow.

My beef with the 880 was too many buttons - exactly the opposite of the 1000, which I feel there are not enough hard buttons. I don't like having to navigate through the pages/screens to access the other functions on the 1000.

Been tweaking the 1000 and having the hardest time getting the device delays all sync'ed up. I used the same exact delay times that I had programmed into my 880 (which worked perfect) but they aren't working out with the 1000. My AV receiver now has problems switching to correct input, as does my TV. These things worked fine with the 880 under the same settings. So I'm guessing something is up with the firmware of the 1000, I can't understand why else it's not working the right way.

I'm gonna try a few more things and see if I can get things going with the 1000 - if not, I'm going to take it back, exchange it for the 880. I just can't justify spending $450 on a remote that dosn't work properly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse