The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday February 3, 2007 at 07:38
grs
Long Time Member
December 2003
Thanks much to beckp for the review. I'd already purchased my TC30 but as I'd gotten into the setup, thought I'd check in here -- and found beckp's review. Since my setup isn't yet complete, I can't add much yet on that aspect. However, two points.

First, I am having a devil of a time peeling off the LCD-screen sticker. Why do they glue these things on as if to prevent theft of just the sticker itself! I'll likely have the beautiful bezel scratched before I can even use the thing.

Second, I'm replacing my Pronto Pro with the TC30. I'm even embarrassed to use the Pronto Pro as a paperweight (more than a grand sitting around doing nothing -- not even increasing in value as art might). After the battery finally gave way (I'd had the thing three years) and no luck finding a replacement online and after three years of fooling around with frozen screens, slow responses, inability to consistently and automatically update, totally useless "organization" of channel listings, weak IR transmitting (I refused to spend yet more money for the "booster"), and the intermittent unwillingness to "awake" from its sleep state, I finally threw it out. So, I recommend you not purchase a Pronto Pro regardless how you feel about the HK TC30 or how you might feel about any other remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse