The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 15, 2007 at 14:29
beckp
Founding Member
May 2002
I received my Harman Kardon TC30 for Christmas. I started my programming endeavor the day after and put in all my devices and activities and nothing worked first time. I did some more reading on this forum for hints and turns out changing the delays fixed just about everything. I say I invested about 2hrs initially to get things working. This was actually beneficial as I learned the software and was able to dig deeper into customization. During this time I realized the Tilt Sensor was broken so I accepted the fact I needed to return it for a replacement. Here is where the review starts.

The remote was purchased from http://store.wholesaleav.com/ as they offered a very decent price. I called for a RMA number and sent the remote back to them via USPS Delivery Confirmation. Since I sent it this way I asked if I could get a replacement shipped before they received the defective one, no go. OK, they received my return on a Saturday, on Wednesday I contacted them for a UPS tracking #. I was told they don’t process returns until Fri/Sat. So in the name of customer service (aka lack of actually) my defective remote sat for a week before they even looked at it and would be sending a replacement. This fact alone gives them a failing grade in my book.

The replacement has arrived and works fine. Overall I like the size, shape and feel of the remote, it’s very clean looking. Getting it programmed to control everything was not that hard, just slow since the web software is a little slow and the trial/error process. First thing, the screen isn’t near the quality the pictures online show (which is actually a sticker). It’s color and does the job but don’t expect something real nice. Most importantly though, the WAF seems way high with this since she can now manage to control the system. A few things I wish were better were the size/feel of the volume & channel hard buttons. They are small, hard plastic with a real definitive click. Wish they were rubber like most of the other buttons. I also wish the backlighting for the channel number buttons was brighter and the buttons bigger, there is room. The transport buttons are great. Another wish is I would like to be able to add my own background pictures on the main activity screen (add my name to the long list here).

Overall this remote get’s a passing grade given its cost for what it delivers. It’s not the full scale programmable remote we all wish it were but again, it only cost a little over $100. IMHO this is a great remote that is middle of the road. If you want a beautiful screen, fully customizable (not to mention time consuming) than get a Pronto Pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse