The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 6, 2008 at 20:06
hplbiking
Long Time Member
January 2008
Ok I have done extensive work reviewing the harmony 890 (it's been slowat work). This remote seems to be the holy grail of remotes and will sovle many of my problems.

The big issue: how to I convince my wife that we need to buy it now? She has said yes but wants to wait until April (my b-day).

Now that I know what the remote can do I hate using my current cable,TV, receiver and DVD remotes. Although I must say I am pretty impressed with what the cable company's (scientific altantic) remote can do.

Every time I decide to listen to TV through the receiver and I have to turn down the TV volume, Hit "aux" on the remote, turn on the receiver, change the imput "cable" and go through all the steps I think about how easy it will be with the harmony. Site is also an issue, the remote sometimes works at the table and sometimes does not. The RF feature of the 890 will be a great investment.

Should I just go out and buy it, program it and show the Mrs how easy it is - and then ask for forgiveness? How do you convince your other half that spending 300 bucks for a remote was worth it?

Hosting Services by ipHouse