The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday January 9, 2008 at 05:09
RonL
Long Time Member
June 2003
On January 9, 2008 at 01:34, Bierboy said...
Not entirely true; TiVo remotes have some colored buttons.

I think you know what I mean.

Most remotes probably have colored buttons. Take the Dish Network remote. The rewind button is red, the replay button is green, the 30s skip button is yellow, the fast forward button is light blue. The transport buttons are dark blue. The power button is light red.

But those colors have nothing to do with the functions. The colors are not used to perform other functions. They are just there to make them easy to differentiate for the customer.

It is really the same thing with TiVo. TiVo uses yellow for the pause button, red for the record button, green for the thumbs+ button, and red for the thumbs- button. The colors just exist to make the functions stand out for the customer and on the help screens.

In the UK, I understand that colored buttons are used for completely unrelated tasks. A green button might switch video angles on one program, cast a certain vote in another, and select a menu in the IPG.

For those who really want colored buttons, those are now possible on the Harmony One LCD. LCD buttons are no longer simply text, as with past Harmony remotes. Users can now choose from various button graphics, and I would assume that red, green, blue, and yellow buttons are among those choices.

Last edited by RonL on January 9, 2008 15:45.

Hosting Services by ipHouse