The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday January 7, 2008 at 23:47
Geil
Long Time Member
January 2008
I got lucky and got my hands on the Harmony One two days ago (so stupid but I could have had it weeks earlier :P) and so far it is GREAT!!!! no more crashing H1000... no more looking at the LCD "all the time"
To Clarify:
- The desktop software that came with the remote is 7.4 (whereas the latest download is 7.3.2)
- Firmware version is 2.3 for reference
- Documentation indicates Mac and Vista compatibility (I installed onto my trusted XP)
- I was forced to create a new account during the S/W installation but then I logged out and back in with my old account info and simply replace my remote and everything worked
- Favorite Channel Icons now support larger res of 75x44 pixels
- Took over my old background but the new desktop S/W lacks the interface to allow me to change it?
- LCD quality is significantly better than the 880 but not quite as good as the H1000
- BTW for those who always complained you do see the clock in the upper right corner :)
- The contact of the remote to the charger is much better and consistent
- I certainly agree with the review and love the unit so far and will report back with more if there is interest e.g. battery life (my H1000 is now down to 3 days)
- Also no more reaching for my knife to gain access to the USB port like on the H1000
- Images of colored, shaped and labelled buttons under Additional Buttons option for my ScientificAtlanta HDPVR, started showing up with the latest H1000 update as well

Last edited by Geil on January 8, 2008 00:50.

Hosting Services by ipHouse