The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday January 6, 2008 at 04:45
RonL
Long Time Member
June 2003
Note you can put color buttons on the touch LCD.

I think if you put any more buttons on that remote, you are forced to significantly reduce the size and spacing of the other buttons. Small buttons and inadequate spacing are the most common complaints about the Harmony remotes. In the design documentation on their site, Harmony says they wanted to address those complaints with this remote, so it was important to keep the number of buttons to a minimum.

DVD recorders, TiVos, Dish Network STBs, Verizon FiOS STBs, U-Verse STBs, older DirecTV STBs, and some newer cable STBs do not use colored buttons.

On some cable company boxes, the color buttons are used to access advanced options, search or filter programming, and/or edit the settings for an existing recording. They generally aren't used when watching live TV, navigating the guide, picking new programs to record, or when viewing recorded programming.

For the vast majority of U.S. customers, I think the colored buttons are just fine on the touch LCD, and a far better choice than reducing the size or spacing of the other buttons. UK customers may use those buttons on a more regular basis, I don't know.

PC Magazine certainly likes the Harmony One. They said it was a major improvement over past Harmony remotes. See their review:

[Link: pcmag.com]

Last edited by RonL on January 6, 2008 18:21.

Hosting Services by ipHouse