Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday February 17, 2008 at 16:37
bratwurst
Long Time Member
June 2003
Hello Todd,

Yes, I find I sometimes need to give the Harmony One a "decent" shake, but nothing I'd even remotely call "severe," or even a "hard shake." And other times it comes alive, as you noted, from just picking it up -- my guess is the motion sensor is direction-specific, it seems that it's more sensitive if the remote is rotated rather than picked up horizontally.

I honestly prefer that it isn't overly-sensitive; I have the All-in-One Chameleon remote and it's ridiculously sensitive, walking across the floor while it's sitting on the counter (in my kitchen) turns it on. And battery life for that remote is simply awful, possibly because it turns on so often.

So, the Harmony One operates (for me) just as I like it, and actually exceeds my expectations in almost every respect (notably, I'm disappointed I can't find a way to add icons to the touchscreen, even though the "Help" from the Harmony SW tells me I can, and how to do it -- all incorrect). I've owned SO many universal remotes, some costing more than 2x of the Harmony One, and I'm sticking with this one.

Hosting Services by ipHouse