The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 27, 2008 at 10:59
stiletto
Lurking Member
April 2003
I have an 890 and I am having trouble when I stick the RF Extender in the loop. I am trying to control a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD using the RF Extender so my wife doesn't have to worry about aiming the remote for 15 seconds while everything powers on (the TV takes a long time to warm up). The problem I am experiencing is the directional pad (and page up/page down) have two actions for every one button press. So when going through the guide, it jumps two channels everytime I press it once. These seem to be the only buttons having this problem. I have set the Repeats from the default of 2, down to 0 and still have the problem. I even had the problem when I used the IR Blaster on the RF Extender from the back of the room. The 890 itself controls it fine using the IR on it. What I have determined is the Repeats settings does not seem to have any effect on the RF Extender for this device. I have a Slink-E IR reader, and when the repeats was set to 2, the 890 sent the command 4 times. The RF Extender sent the command 5 times. When I set the repeats to 0, or 1 the RF Extender still sends the command 5 times. Has anyone else observed this type of behavior and come up with a fix? I am working with Logitech, but so far I don't have a fix. Currently they have changed the command from a "Hold" command to a "Press" command, which I don't expect to do fix the problem, but will try tonight. I have also tried learning the command in raw mode, and that did not help either.

Hosting Services by ipHouse