The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Friday February 29, 2008 at 05:46
alanparrott
Long Time Member
August 2002
jlet. I think we are there, thanks to you, akirby ... and me starting to think outside the box.

First, your last post said Main Device method 2, but the previous said method 3. I figured reading the words it should have read 2. Anyway I proceeded on that basis.

To start I thought we had cracked it. The TV digital/analog switching worked great, pressing the same activity twice kept it on the correct input.

The problem came after I switched to HDMI. Only one of the TV activities would get me back to TV and that would be the wrong one and the buttons thereafter worked in reverse.

I tried 2 things which resolved the problem (completely I think) although I think the first may not have been necessary.

1. I restricted the Main TV to only 1 input - HDMI1
2. At the end of the HDMI activity I send a Main TV MODE command

At this stage I was pretty made up. However because my HDMI device is a Linksys 2200 DVD/VMC extender and the DVD effectively acts as a different device I have a 4th Activity. I therefor added the leaving MODE to this activity as well. I thought that this might cause a problem going from the VMCE to DVD and get the MODE out of sync but apparently not.

So, it now actually does what I want. If I wanted to be picky the leavimg MODE switch from HDMI cycles the TV modes if its on the wrong one, but Hey that's fine.

So a big thank you and would be interested in your comments as to how it ended up!

Now I am thinking out of the box I am wondering if I should set the DVD part of the 2200 as a clone device but for now I'll just bask in your glory!!

Cheers

Alan

Hosting Services by ipHouse