The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 26, 2008 at 15:08
danschmiedeler
Lurking Member
February 2008
Hey - I'm considering purchasing a Harmony One, but I desperately need some kind of solution for a problem I'm having with the way my video inputs are selected on my stupid LG TV.

Basically, for switching video sources on my TV, a few of the IR codes are dedicated to switching to a discreet video source (no problem there,) but a couple, most notably the "DVI" IR code, actually toggle between multiple "sub-modes" of that source. For example, my DVI source button on my TV remote will take me to the default "DVI-DTV" mode (which is what I want,) but pressing the button again takes me to the "DVI-PC" mode. I need the DVI mode to stay fixed in DVI-DTV, but whenever I'm already in DVI-DTV and switch to a different component that also uses DVI-DTV, the stupid thing switches the TV to DVI-PC, rendering no picture. An option I've explored is to create macros that actually open up the source-selection menu on the TV and dig it's way down to the DVI-DTV source every time, but it takes too long and it looks like my TV is possessed when it happens.

As far as I know there are no discreet IR codes for "DVI-DTV" and "DVI-PC" for my TV, just a single code for "DVI," toggling between the two states. Does anyone have any idea if and how the One might be able to resolve this? Might the "state memory feature" (or whatever it's called) help in this?

Thanks a lot -- sorry about the long description!

Dan Schmiedeler

Hosting Services by ipHouse