The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 15, 2008 at 09:08
rogman
Lurking Member
January 2008
I'm using my newly purchased 880 to control components in three parts of my new basement home theater. My receiver/cable box in the front left of the room, my projector directly overhead of my seating position, and my Lutron Spacer System to the left (at about 8 o'clock if I'm facing the screen.)

All components work fine individually (when I aim the remote at each), but when I have an event, such as watch movie, the remote doesn't do all three things (power on receiver and projector, and set lighting scene). Depending on which way I point it at the time, it may do one or two of the components.

I thought that once I hit the event button, I'd be able to aim the remote at the receiver, projector, then the lights, and it would keep repeating the signal until all three were set.

Is there a way to get the remote to work this way? I haven't done much troubleshooting with this, so I'm hoping someone out there can help. I have two weeks to decide if I should keep/return the unit. Without it, I'll be stuck with 5-6 different remotes.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Visit Finishabasement.com
A DIY Remodeling Adventure!
Home Theater setup tips, equipment reviews, and MORE! www.finishabasement.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse