Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday March 12, 2008 at 02:42
Celso
Lurking Member
March 2008
On March 7, 2008 at 15:54, jlet said...
Try all the discrete input commands in device mode. They
might be there already. If they work properly, then reconfigure
the adjust inputs to use the discrete method (Method 2).

Thank you for all the advice unfortunately i have had to throw in the towel and am kind of disappointed by the harmony remote. It really is a lot of work to set up, and i normally love these things, guess if you have the perfect devices it could be great

This is my first ever all in one remote and was expecting a much more precise way of being able to control my system

After trying out every suggested option and skimming through all the forums for over a week now i've come to the conclusion that it might be a great remote but it all depends on how evolved the rest of your set up is.

My TV simply does not have a dedicated button for Component 1 and after having tried to make it skip to the right input with every time delay i could think off, i gave up on that all together. It never got it right, sometimes the one before or sometimes the one after. I also don't have access to a pronto so i can upload my own hex codes to try out so no luck with that either

The other thing that really disappoints me is the activities: if all of your setup has dedicated buttons for on and off this might be great....but in my case absolutely none of my machines have that option so if i choose to switch activities i either need to switch everything off or go into every single device menu to get to the settings, there you need to tailor make ur device menu, for e.g. my Onkyo 604 AVR i needed to get to some things like surround toggle and input switching.

Then third there are no dedicated soft buttons within an activity, only for the device that is playing

FYI

Toshiba 46in RPTV
Onkyo 604 AVR
LG 1080i upscaling DVD
Helios Media Center - also DVD
Xsat sattelite receiver
UTStarcom IPTV receiver box
Nintendo Wii

I ran a couple of things over my onkyo remote and was left with 4 remotes on the table and to be honest it was a lot better and precise then this

Thanks for all the input anyway, unfortunately i can't return the thing

Hosting Services by ipHouse