The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday March 13, 2008 at 10:13
Ken Gillett
Long Time Member
September 2002
Thanks for the info. But I am still unsure about the different basic activities. In reality, an activity is simply a collection of devices and buttons that correspond to selected actions from those devices. The activity should be 'defined' by its devices. However, the Harmony seems to have different activity 'templates' that control the functionality (and icon) of that activity independently of any devices that are used. So an activity based on 'Watch TV' can have favorite channels, but one based on 'Listen to Music' (e.g. the radio) cannot. If you pick the wrong 'template' when you first create the activity and it doesn't provide what you need, you cannot later change it. You have to delete it and start from scratch based on a different 'template'.

The available templates are defined by the device.

I think I'm right about the above, please correct me if I'm wrong. The trouble is that these relationships are pre-set by Logitech and can be wrong. e.g. I have an Apple TV and no matter what you do this uses the 'Media Centre PC' as its 'template' which means that the setup program thinks it is a display device and it is NOT. It is only a source, but every other watching activity asks if I want to use the Apple TV as the display. I now also find that I cannot set favorite channels for a listen to the radio activity. Could I instead pick a Watch TV activity, but use the radio device that I want? But now I'd have an inappropriate icon on the screen for that activity:-(

Is there any way round these limitations? Is it written down anywhere what 'templates' provide what functionality (and icon) and allow what options?

Hosting Services by ipHouse