The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 13, 2008 at 17:53
hplbiking
Long Time Member
January 2008
Everything was working fine, until I disconnected all my equipment to add a cabinet fan (which is now Z-wave controled-this thing rocks!) and hide some extra wires.

Now when I select "watch TV" which should only turn on the TV and cable box the receiver is turning on. The receiver device is not in the activity. And when I select off it will not turn off. FYI I do have a seperate Activity for watching TV with the Receiver. This one is for the kids, so when they wake up at 6 in the morning they don't wake us up.

This leads me to believe my Sony Xbr4 TV is sending a signal to turn on my Sony receiver. Probably through the HDMI cable. I did go into the TV settings and ensured the "power on other equipment" was set to OFF. However it still turns on the receiver. Now I can update the activity to include a step of "receiver power off" but that's just a work around and I want to resolve it correctly, as it worked find before this weekend.

Again I think this is a Sony issue. It is pretty cool what you can do without a universal remote, however now that I have one it should be the King and overrule the individual devices! Looks like I have a power struggle going on. The TV needs to realize the Harmony will win!

Hosting Services by ipHouse