Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 3, 2008 at 14:46
fcisler
Lurking Member
February 2008
Hello All,

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me resolve this!

I have a Logitech Harmony 880 universal remote. TV is a Sceptre 42".

I had added activities to use my DVR (sa 8300HD), PC, and PS3. I just tried to add one to change input to my Wii.

Unfortunately, "AV2" was not present in the input menu. I added it - but this has cause many problems now.

The issue is that my Sceptre TV has two video inputs:

Input Video
Input PC

Input video will cycle between: Cable (analog), AV1, AV2, Component1

Input PC will cycle between DTV (OTA HD), HDMI, HDCP, DVI, VGA, Component2

Previously - before I added AV2, The Logitech was able to switch between all inputs properly. This also included Component1 - so it did know there was "something" in place of AV2 - but it just was not there. It would also go right to HDMI or VGA (PS3, PC) without an issue.

Once I added AV2 - I no longer have a "split input" video setup. The harmony wants to know which of the 4 methods I use to select my inputs.

Method 1 (input cycle) is HALF there, but I cannot select a second set. It will attempt to use either Input Video or Input PC to select the right input - but it never will.

Method 2 (direct) will not work, as I do not have direct input control.

Method 3 (menu, scroll, select) will not work as I cannot do that.

Method 4 (input, direct) will also not work.

How does Logitech expect me to set this up? Like I had said, it worked previous to me adding AV2 - an input I needed.

I'm almost afraid that at this point I will need to restore all defaults and start fresh. Has anyone come across this issue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse