The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday April 20, 2008 at 08:56
mrschwarz
Lurking Member
December 2007
I have a 550 and am just beginning to figure out the 'Harmony' way of doing things. I have had universal remotes for years. I always generated my own macros to do what I needed to do.

The 550 died after about 6 months of use (all of the buttons stopped responding). Logitech is replacing it, but I am looking for something that is more comfortable to hold and has a better button layout.

I have been looking at the One, but I am concerned about rechargeable aspect of it. Now, when the batteries go dead (I have had the same batteries in the 550 since I got it and no, replacing them didn't fix the problem), I take out the old ones and put in the new ones. In less than a minute I am good to go. All universal remotes I have has in the past were like this.

I store my remote on the coffee table and I don't have an electrical outlet anywhere near it so I won't be putting the remote into its cradle when I am done with it. Seems to me that when the batteries need to recharge, I'll have to put the charger somewhere else and won't have the use of the remote control until they are charged.

How long will the batteries last on the One? Is it measured in days instead of months? Do I have the option to put disposible batteries in it? If so, any ideas how long they will last?

Hosting Services by ipHouse