The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday April 28, 2008 at 18:28
y2kpony
Long Time Member
May 2006
On April 27, 2008 at 10:05, hhatkin said...
If they or anyone else say that Activities should cover
all your needs they're right.

The key word here is "should". I know I could put everything in the pages of the Activity (I have more than ten pages in Watch TV), but why would I want to scroll through so many pages on the touch screen when I could simply hit device, then TV, the the hard Menu button? (my menu button on Watch TV goes to the cable box).

On April 27, 2008 at 10:05, hhatkin said...
Whatever the Picture and Sound buttons do it should be
possible, and better, to do in Activities.

Once again, the key word here is "should". Yes, it "should" be possible. While it may be possible to do everything in Activities, that does not necessarily make it better. I was thinking about rotating my 880 to my bedroom (after getting the new Harmony One), and shifting my 676 to the guest room, but I think I would miss the Pic and Sound buttons on the 676 (but not on the 880). They're like selecting Devices, but you can have all of your hard buttons change to control either only one device, or several devices. I prefer to look at the remote as little as possible, and be able to navigate entirely by touch. That's a little difficult when everything's on the touch screen. And if the One had the Pic and Sound buttons like several other Harmony's I probably wouldn't ever use the Devices.

I respect your opinion, you obviously have more experience on these remotes than I do, but the easier it is to use these remotes, with fewer presses of buttons, the better they are. And since Logitech probably doesn't look here to get ideas for improvements, I'm probably just wasting my breath. But if I want more functionality designed into it than you think you need, I don't think that makes me wrong. Instead of me wishing I had more features and you thinking it's just perfect the way it is, I would rather see it being more functional and customizable, and since you don't think you need to use Devices at all, Logitech could even offer the option of completely hiding the Devices for you since you don't need them. But at least there "should" be an option.

Last edited by y2kpony on April 28, 2008 18:54.

Hosting Services by ipHouse