The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday May 13, 2008 at 16:16
Mike Atkinson
Lurking Member
May 2008
With apologies for re-opening an old thread, I've just tested this on my KDL-46W3000, and the SpeakerToggle command from the KDL-46X3100 dataset _doesn't_ work :-(
I'm gutted! I honestly thought this forum had given me the answer to this problem - I spent four hours playing with the set-up of my new remote last night. To expand upon the problem, the original remote doesn't have a dedicated key to toggle the TV speakers on/off, and the key sequence to do this (via the Tools menu) is _different_ for speaker on and off. Should the off sequence be used twice, the PIP mode is activated. My other half is going to love that!
As I can't guarantee that no other remotes will be used to change the setting, I've set up two separate activities to turn speakers on and off (not affecting other devices). This seems to work - use it before the main activity. But it does seem to go against the tenet of the single activity approach. Short of finding a discrete code for this option (if there is one), is there any other approach?
Maybe I _will_ have to hide the other remotes such that I can rely on the Harmony remembering the state of the internal speaker toggle.

Hosting Services by ipHouse