The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday May 12, 2008 at 17:13
gomi no sensei
Lurking Member
March 2008
Ah, I'm sorry, I misread your tone. I'm delighted to be more specific.

With the remote itself, there are a number of pre-defined screens for different kinds of activities. I'd like a greater degree of configurability. Two specific requests there:

1. I'd like to be able to select to create a new activity without specifying a type. Then, I'd like to have the full array of those existing screens available to be so I can pick which one would best meet my needs.

2. Some screens have buttons on one or both sides. I'd like this to be configurable with all screens, to fill in the ones I want and leave out ones I don't need.

I have significantly more wishes with the software that programs the remote. I'll hit a couple of the key things I'd like to see, though this is by no means an exhaustive list.

3. Moving from screen to screen within the editor takes a while. Frequently part of the screen loads, it hangs for a bit, and then the rest loads. I believe this is because it's basically a web interface, and most of the work is being done on a Logitech server (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't want that. Having access to lots of codes is great, but I'm happy to have to download an update periodically. As it is, I'm not getting value added by it being online, but it does take longer.

4. There are things I've wanted to change, and I've been forced to go all the way through a wizard to get to the setting I want to change. An example would be adding additional commands that fire when an activity starts.

5. I'd like to be able to save multiple configurations. There have been times I've tried out some changes and decided I didn't like them. Instead of just reverting to the previous version, I had to manually change it back (and remember what exactly I'd done).

6. This is nitpicky, but I wish copy and past weren't disabled in the configuration program.

Hosting Services by ipHouse