The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 6, 2008 at 23:45
gomi no sensei
Lurking Member
March 2008
I picked up a Harmony 1000, and I'm pretty pleased with the unit so far. My goal was to have something that someone unfamiliar with my system and the remote could pick up and use easily, and it passed the girlfriend test. There were a couple of non-ideal things, but I've been able to come up with workarounds for everything I've hit so far.

While I'm impressed with the remote itself, the software for it is terrible. I'm sure the baby-stepping wizard is good for some people and makes the remote more accessible to a mass market audience, I find using it painful. I accept that it will take a long time for the software to reprogram the remote, but it's terrible that it takes me so long to navigate through interminable menus to make one little change.

I searched through the forums, but please forgive me if I didn't do so well enough and this has been asked and answered. Is there any better way to program the Harmony 1000? Is there a software package aimed at power users? Is there a hidden "advanced mode" that I've been unable to find?

Hosting Services by ipHouse