Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 102 made on Thursday June 19, 2008 at 13:05
smokinghot
August 2006
On June 19, 2008 at 12:42, akirby said...
This is not an argument you can possibly win.

And you guys claim I don't know what I'm talking about. Get your head out of your ass and realize that I'm not arguing anything about what a Harmony can do. Yes, Harmony's have a built in feature that helps the end user figure out whether or not all device desired are in fact powered up. Yes, the Harmony's wizard does all of this programming for you. I've already stated this in my last post. However the all mighty Harmony line is not the only model that does this, and any other programable remote can be configured to do the same. With or without "state memory", also known as "variables".

The member I quoted said:

On June 18, 2008 at 16:22, jlet said...
Yes, without an Harmony, one needs to avoid (don't buy)
"discrete-challenged" devices (Toggle/Cycling-Only Actuated
devices (TOAD)).

That is a lie, and once again I'm pulled into this god foresaken forum so others that are not aware (as you are apparently), won't mislead by uneducated posts. If you are trying in fact trying to argue with me about the validity of the above quote, I suggest you do a little research before spouting off about things you obviously don't understand. That being how any other remote other than a Harmony can be configured. Off the top of my head, there are endless pcf. configurations in the files section here at RC that perform functions for the end user exactly the way you believe the Harmony only can, without the modern miracle of "Smart State" technology. I'll assume you know what remote uses that format seeing as you are attempting to argue it's abilities.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse