The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 77 made on Friday June 6, 2008 at 18:12
hhatkin
Long Time Member
February 2008
On June 6, 2008 at 15:15, smokinghot said...
Context has everything to do with it. How could it not...?
Amazing..... Here I'll show you why:
"On Friday June 6, 2008 at 14:41, hhatkin said...
I had surrendered the argument to smokinghot"
So by that you're admitting that I'm correct with my opinion
that Harmonys are sub-par pieces of crap when "compared"
to high end units.

It could very easily not, and I'll show you why.

I quoted your five words, not because they were anything to do with the discussion, not because they were in the context of the argument, but because they were words which I considered "surly" and "hostile", completely in their own right, no matter what their context - like the word you regret, in #74.

By "surrendering the argument" I meant that, quite frankly, you were no longer worth arguing (or to use a kinder word, discussing) with (to use Joe_CI's expression), and therefore I was out of it - not that I'd changed my position. The five words were meant as an afterthought to that, a final shot.

I don't really want to have to go back on my surrender, but your assumption forces me to do that. Of course I do not agree with your opinion. I've said that it is pointless to "compare". A Harmony and a Civic have their qualities and functions. A "high end unit" (which I have never seen) and a Ferrari (which I would never want) no doubt have theirs. The two pairs are just different, and "vive la difference".

Last edited by hhatkin on June 6, 2008 18:27.

Hosting Services by ipHouse