Pass:

Original thread:
Post 74 made on Friday June 6, 2008 at 16:11
smokinghot
August 2006
On June 6, 2008 at 15:43, beckp said...
CI's don't like it because Harmony is intruding on their
livelyhood. I love how it resorts to mud slinging and
name calling. Thought the CI's are supposed to be professionals?

That's short sighted, but you're right. It's more so having to deal with customers that want remotes that are hard to support. One free service call (nightmare included) for something you didn't want to support in the first place is enough to irritate any business owner.

Yes, they will still be those out there that want the
latest and greatest and money isn't an object. For many
of us, paying someone $200 or more to plug in a HDMI cable
or get our remote to work with a few pieces of equipment
is over the top.

I hear ya there. And I'm in that same category as you.

Reminds me of iTunes & iPod, are they the best technology/hardware?
Nope, but they are simple as all get-out and get the job
done. Same for Harmony's ...love mine and it's not crap!

I regret saying that, (crap I mean). It's far too strong a word to use in this senistive forum. I don't know if you read the entire thread or not, but I stand by my opinion that Harmonys are great... for what they are. That being entry level, limited, wizard based remotes. Apples to apples in price, you could still find other options that could do more, but not necessarily be as easy to set-up. Lets not confuse "set-up" and "use". The most difficult remote to set up can be just as end user friendly as any Harmony. "Crap" or "sub-par" or "inferior" (originally used by a harmony poster) throw everyone into a defensive posture. Maybe I should have said "at a different level than"...? Which by definition is "sub-par" or "inferior"...crap was a bad word, too easily taken harshly. I apologise to all Harmony owners for that one.

If you are a CI'r why are you lurking here at the Harmony
site, surely you don't recommend those pieces of crap
to any of your clients.....

Not a CI...diy'er like most in here. I noticed the thread heading and knew it was going to be a good one. I Read through the beginning and came across some very misleading posts by a Harmony user. When this poster was called out on his very ill informed statements, other Harmony users jumped in and we ended up where we are now. As it is now... I'm just responding to those who feel I'm either "evading" or being a "troll". It's really gotten out of hand.... I've been taken out of context by some to try and prove I'm something other than a RC user who's trying to keep the casual user from being misguided.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse