Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Thursday June 5, 2008 at 20:21
akirby
March 2004
This is pointless. This is like a Ferrari salesman saying that a Honda Accord is an inferior automobile. If all I need to do is drive back and forth to work with A/C, a comfy seat and a nice radio then the Accord works perfectly. It meets my requirements and my budget - why would I want a Ferrari?

OTOH if I had the money and wanted something that was flashy, fast and different from the average commuter car, then the Ferrari is definitely for me.

The Harmony IS best in ITS class and it works perfectly for the vast majority of users who only want to control a basic home theater setup with one remote. It is NOT in the same class as the home automation setups you guys are hawking.

But if all I NEED and WANT is what the Harmony can provide, then these high end totally customized systems are needlessly complex and too expensive.

Nobody claimed that a harmony could do everything a CI system could - only that for most people it does everything that they NEED it to do. Just like that Accord. And last time I checked Honda sells a LOT more cars than Ferrari does.

Take your snobby attitudes somewhere else - we don't need them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse