Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 57 made on Thursday June 5, 2008 at 13:05
smokinghot
August 2006
On June 5, 2008 at 11:04, akirby said...
When you consistently make negative statements that are
either incorrect or prove that you don't really understand
how a Harmony remote works - then you're acting like a
troll.

Please quote one statement that I have made that isn't true. For the record, I have yet to intentionally belittle anyone within this thread. Although only because I have pointed out facts contrary to what some Harmony users choose to believe, I have been labelled a troll.

Harmony users acknowledge that there are some people who
want or need a totally custom solution.

And there are some posting in this thread that claim Harmonys can do anything, any other remote can do. That's a lie, and it's those people to whoam I'm focusing my attention. For no other reason than I don't want the general public to be mislead by what's being claimed.

However, the
custom installers don't seem to think the harmony is an
acceptable solution and anyone who uses one is simply
"settling" for an inferior product. And that is absolutely
not true.

That's a blanket statement. You shouldn't lump everyone in like that. I've tried not to group the knowledgeable (sp?) Harmony users together with those just trying to protect thier pride.

I agree that you're not "settling" if you purchase what's right for you. If that's a Harmony...great. The only reason I originally posted in this thread was because some tried to pass off Harmonys as being on par with the top in class control solutions in the business. That was too far fetched not to respond.

Forget everything else that has been said in this thread for a moment. Now, if I place a Harmony One beside a RTi T2-C, and school you (if I could) completely on the abilities of both. Which do you believe would be the most configurable? I'm only speaking of what these to devices can do. I know you're thinking that there's more to consider, but try to stay focused on what I'm asking. Which one is inferior? One of them has to be.

I'm not against you on this. Again, one more time, Harmonys are great for what they are, and what they can offer consumers, but they cannot be compared to the abilities of the best in class. I'm not a CI. I'm 100% diy'er, but I'm looking at this objectively.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse