The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday June 4, 2008 at 10:53
oman321
Long Time Member
February 2006
Takes only one button push for me to turn on the devices I want. No it's not the off button, it's the selected activity button.

I understand the point of the pros chiming in about the in field set up of the Harmony's. If you cant log in to the net because your customer doesn't have an internet connection or don't know their WAN password or can't pick up an unsecured connection, it becomes very difficult to program and update the remote.

If you have an internet connection, yes it takes about 3 minutes to update the remote once you have made your changes, but don't the other remote options need to be updated as well as changes are made on the software? Not being sarcastic honest question.

Yes the Harmony's are for DIY's and Non-DIY's. I've seen some Pros comment that they use them even if it's just for a basic setup, and I've set up quite a few for friends. I haven't come across anything that couldn't be handled either in their setup or mine. My setup is not terribly complex, probably childs play for a CI but it simply works and works well. I'm able to control 2 systems in 2 seperate rooms with the same remote, because I have seperate activity for everything I want to do. Rarely need the devices button but it works so I dont have to look for the OEM remote as mentioned above if needed.

The software has had it's issues but they are constantly updating and addressing the issues and not simply forgetting about their customer base. Also, customer service has always been helpful if I had an issue I couldn't take care of myself. Ya, you sometimes have to get past tier 1 support but once you get to tier 2 their a lot more knowledgable.

Sorry but bang for your buck, Harmony's a keeper.

Hosting Services by ipHouse