Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday June 2, 2008 at 08:45
bluerhythmav
Long Time Member
January 2008
See this thread...

[Link: remotecentral.com]

Programming is not the best...as per the above thread. As a CI - trying to program these at most customers homes was a pain. Yes the customer usually had internet, but with no local network jack near the equipment location. Ask them for the wireless password, and wait for the blank stare. Trying to customize macros to run flawlessly (without the help feature!) took too much time to tweak, and far too many downloads. My time is $$, and there were a couple of occasions where I wanted to download the new program around 5PM on any given night, and Logitech's servers were so busy that I had to wait 50 minutes for the program to come through! That's why a CI would prefer a local copy of the code base and program. Plus - the programming software crashed way too many times when trying to program a 1000 or an 890.

Keep in mind that the end user only programs one remote... whereas an installer must do many. The installer will see ALL issues, sometimes repeatedly - and that's what turns them (us) off. They are too unreliable for what we want to do most times, and we (I) are (am) not willing to put our names on something that works... sometimes. There is a reason it has that HELP button - because it NEEDS it! A properly programmed RTI, Crestron, AMX, URC shuold never need a HELP button - it just works. A CI has the knowledge to make that happen. It has nothing to do with margins, making piles of $$, or anything like that.
Blue Rhythm Audio/Video

Hosting Services by ipHouse