The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday May 25, 2008 at 20:31
robster1958
Founding Member
August 2001
It's a shortsighted remote that works in most average consumer cases. I understand why you sold the RTI, b/c you did not want to keep paying your installer. Tell a group of dealers/installers what you did and you will be the highlight of their evening.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's my nuts and bolts decision: I was fine with my MX-500. And what i really wanted was another "universal" remote. Basically one remote that could be a clone of six others.

i have 5 sources and no real complexities. All i need is all the commands that are available to control a component...accessible when i need them. yes it's nice for my wife to be able to push a macro to "watch movie" or listen to music", etc...but i like to then have complete control over the dvd player. everything from time remaining to subtitles, etc.

i have seen the programming going into my RTI. not allowing the purchaser of this expensive remote to have access to making changes is my main problem. I want to get a PS3 for blueRay...now i gotta go back to installer to re-program...then to tweak any issues...just not for me. installers are busy. i am demanding. not a good match.

i thought the RTI was going to be a much better mx-500. in fact for me it's much worse. now i think the Harmony One is the cutting edge mx-500 for today. who knows.

Hosting Services by ipHouse