The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday May 24, 2008 at 12:51
xpat
Long Time Member
May 2008
Pro's don't like it because it's low cost, high functionality, and because the end users can program it themselves... therefore installers get less work (of course they'll never be out of a job, but it's a perceived threat). Granted there's pluses and minuses to each remote type but Harmony is the way to go for anybody who wants a DIY and cheap. Crestron and RTI are nice for deep pockets but can't do any more than the Harmony. Another reason dealer's probably don't like the Harmony series is that's it's programmable over the internet only. They can't actually keep a local copy of the database. That's a good business decision for Logitech. Those dealers that do not like it probably complain about other things as well, and I'm sure Logitech isn't terribly concerned since their target market is the consumer anyways.

The Harmony One can control anything IR. It sounds like the Harmony One will do you just fine.

As for new RF models from Harmony... am I the only one thinking like this? One would logically assume that the 1000 and 890 are also reaching end of life so there's probably got to be new ones in the works, I'm sure they'll be as good or better than the One.

Hosting Services by ipHouse