Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday June 26, 2008 at 12:58
smokinghot
August 2006
On June 26, 2008 at 10:32, akirby said...
This has nothing to do with "automatically and dynamically"
selecting the inputs - it still does that just fine.
Once again you're comparing apples and oranges.

I'm sorry akirby. I was just trying to take a shot ya, and by no means have any intention of starting another comparison "discussion" ;) with you.

And don't let smokinghot fool you - you can't do that
easily with other remotes either. It requires a significant
amount of programming with multiple state variables.

Again sorry... (OP this time) Although I never made such a claim. I didn't mean to imply that it would be an easy set-up with something else. As akirby says.. It could be extensive programming to nail down all the possibly scenairos (sp?), but certainly can be done with consumer grade equipment.

On June 26, 2008 at 12:28, akirby said...
But having those features should not force a convoluted
and inconsistent menu system. That is a design choice
by the TV mfr and they seem to ignore the universal remote
user community when designing the user interfaces.

Well, this situation is unfortunate, but it's not like they're out to get the end user for not using the OEM remote. Usually advanced PQ adjustments are set and left alone. Everything has it's limits, including what developers can spend their time on.

OP: I was running through your display's features and it does mention an RS-232 port. It does detail this as "service only" and although this won't help you concerning your Harmony, but I have heard and personally own a display that claims the same but can be controlled via that port. Again, although pointless in your current set-up. You may be able down the road to have the functionality you want. It would involve more $$$ and time than I'm sure you'd spend for sake of one feature, but I thought I'd mention it all the same.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse