The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday July 10, 2008 at 18:39
robmypro
Lurking Member
July 2008
I got the H1 two days ago. Here is my take.

The Harmony One comes in a very professional package. Before I even opened it I had a good impression. Upon opening it, I was surprised at how good the device feels in your hand. This is a well made remote. It screams high-end.

The remote layout is exceptional. Everything is where you would expect it. They did a really good job designing the layout of this remote. The touch screen is excellent. Bright, looks great, and is very simple to use. I also like the fact that Logitech decided to use the touch screen as an extension to the remote, instead of making it the main attraction. This remote is great because of that decision.

Installation of the software and connecting the remote to my PC was very simple. The software that ships with the H1 (desktop app) is very user friendly. I really like it, as it is far easier to use than the software I dealt with for the Pronto. Overall this is how you build remote software. No complaints.

The process of adding devices and activities is intuitive and simple. It got everything right, and my system includes a Denon 3808, Sony SXRD TV, Sony DVD, DirecTV HR21 and PS3. The only thing I can say bad about the remote is the lack of support of the PS3. But this is not a huge issue.

I had everything setup in about 3 hours, and I did a lot of customizing. I got the awesome channel icons (nice work). My wife immediately took to the remote, and last night was the first time i wasn't asked to turn something off or on. The touch screen operation of the Pronto was a big stumbling block for my family, but everyone "got" this remote immediately.

Everything isn't perfect. I mentioned that the lack of PS3 support is a bummer. I ordered the Nyko PS3 remote which should take care of most of the problems (except no On/Off ability). Aside from that I did have a problem once or twice where the remote sent out commands but nothing responded. Pressing the Help button, or hitting the same button again fixed it. Could be some additional tweaking I need to do. The H1 looks and feels so good, I am afraid someone is going to drop it. It really is the center piece of our HT now. Another complaint is with DirecTV. The List button is not a hard button. In fairness, it is under commands, so if you need it you can get it. And My Playlist is also under the menu option, so you don't need to dig for it.

In conclusion, the Harmony One is the best remote I have owned. At just around $200 online (got mine from 6ave) this is a great bargain. I was able to retire 4-5 remotes last night and so far I haven't had to pull one of them out for any reason. And more importantly, my wife and daughter are now able to do what they want in our HT. Okay maybe that wasn't a good thing. :-)

This remote is great.

Hosting Services by ipHouse