The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday July 19, 2008 at 20:40
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
You'll have to adjust the delay settings for all of your devices. Usually the default settings are conservative, but occasionally to bizarre levels. I would start off low and work your way up if commands aren't received.

[Link: remotecentral.com]

The "power on delay" setting is a pretty device specific one, and is how much time it takes after your device receives a "power on" command before it can process other commands. Some devices may be up to 10 seconds. And then others may have NO delay needed - I had a Sony RPTV that would take 10 seconds to give any picture, but it could process commands right away - like 0ms delay right away.

The "inter-key delay" can usually be shortened quite a bit. The typical default of 500ms is usually WAY too slow. Try 100ms. You may even get away with 0ms, but if you have a problem with identical commands not being received (ie channel "55" comes up just as "5") then you need to increase it.

Some devices need an "input delay", which defaults to 1 second, but most of the devices I've owned don't need any (or max out at 100-200ms). But once again, this depends on your device.

The "inter-device delay" is how much time the remote should wait between sending commands to different devices. This is only really needed if your devices tend to listen to commands that aren't meant for them and need a bit of a pause before responding to commands that ARE meant for them. I have never needed to use this, so I usually zero it out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse