The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 8, 2008 at 02:20
mg428
Lurking Member
August 2008
There is a product that I am interested in that has not been released yet and thus at this point I cannot check on Logitech's website or through the Logitech Harmony Remote Software to see whether or not this device's remote is compatible with Harmony One.

The device is below:

[Link: dlo.com]

I have got a few questions. (Sorry in advance, as I am quite a newbie about these stuff)

1) The product is described to include an RF remote. So first of all, would an RF remote ALWAYS include IR as well? (I stressed "always", so please do not say merely yes or no and indicate whether this is always the case, because I don't wanna encounter with any surprise) In other words, is the IR option always inherently available in an RF remote?

2) If your answer is "no" to the above question and supposing that this will be a mere RF remote, would this mean that this RF remote will not be compatible with Harmony One? In other words, would I be able to operate this device with Harmony One instead of the RF remote that comes with the device?

3) This is a general question: I observed that this device's remote includes only a few buttons but the previous version device's remote includes way more buttons. This would accordingly mean that Harmony One can have more operable buttons when used instead of the latter remote, right? To make my question more simpler, if the first remote, say, does not include a power button whereas the second remote includes it, I can assign a button on Harmony as the power button if I am going to use it instead of the latter remote but I would not be able to have a power button on my Harmony if I will use it instead of the former remote, right? Shortly, there is no way to assign a function that is non-existent on the original remote, right?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse