The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday August 26, 2008 at 09:52
dlorde
Long Time Member
December 2005
On August 12, 2008 at 20:11, hhatkin said...
As you're tech-savvy you'll realise that once you've set
up Activities to work just the way you want them, you
will never need to use Devices at all ...

Not necessarily the case, since the Harmony One has doesn't have the facility (that some earlier Harmony remotes have) to drop into a device context to execute a command in the current activity. For example, on my old Harmony remote (688), I could change my pre-amp bass management from within the current activity even though it required the left & right arrow keys which were assigned to a different use in that activity, because the control context of that device was available for a selected subgroup of device commands in that activity. Now I have to switch modes from the activity to the device and select & execute the command from there.

It may not seem like a big change, but a few extra keystrokes and a change of mode can be a major irritation. The alternative would be to have two identical activities differing only in bass management setting for every kind of activity that could have either stereo or surround-sound (and since stereo can often be decoded into passable surround, that means all audio activities).

Hosting Services by ipHouse