The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday September 20, 2008 at 00:30
redrocklobster
Lurking Member
September 2008
I just got the harmony one today and after many hours setting it up all is good but one annoying thing:

I can't get a custom "additional button" mapped to the dolby button of an older Pioner VSX AV Receiver. The default database list of functions include THX and ProLogic, but no "dolby.

The dolby button on the receiver is the dolcy icon -- it has no "dolby" name. I thought it would be "ProLogic" but that button doesn't work at least when I go through the "devices" section. Have not tried assigning that function directly in "Additional Buttons"

This receiver has a "green shift" mode, where you press a green "receiver" button to shift the number keys to other functions, including dolby. The list of default functions for the Harmony also includes a "green shift" function, so I supposed it would be a sequence, but that didn't seem to work either.

Nor did "learning" the dolby button seem to work -- I suspect it has to do with "shift" problems. What I did was point the original remote away from the harmony to "shift" then press the dolby button while pointed into the harmony. It accepts it, but it doesn't work.

Anyway --- I'm stuck. Advice appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse