The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday October 3, 2008 at 13:30
hplbiking
Long Time Member
January 2008
I love my 890 pro. Originally I only set up the RF for the cabinet components, but added it for the TV as well. Once the RF was set up I noticed my equipment was getting very hot. So I installed a cabinet fan and the best part is it is set up as part of all my activities. When I watch TV or DVD, or play the wii the fan turns on automatically. I did have to get tricky with turning it off as the off button does not control light. Simply fix: created an activity "good night" It turns all the equipment off and the lights.

Bought a floor fan that came with a remote. Of course it is now controlled by the Harmony. Only downside is the fan speed and power button are on signal, but it works great.

The wife just put up some Halloween lights and asked me to turn them off the other night. Being lazy I hooked them up to the cabinet lights so the Harmony now controls them as well.

I am planning on buying a few more light modules so at Christmas all the xmas stuff will also be Harmony controlled.

Only drawback with it, is it does not load the movie, I still have to get up for that!

Hosting Services by ipHouse