Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 30, 2008 at 00:24
chuch jr
August 2005
One of our customers switched her HD Tivo [with internal cable cards] to a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD because the Cablevision could not get the HD Tivo to continually work properly with their cable cards. Customer asked us to change the Harmony 1000 we sold her, so that it would control the SA box instead of the disconnected Tivo.
Since the customer did not have a reliable broadband Internet connection at her home, I picked up the remote and RF unit to reprogram back at my house. After logging onto Harmony site, entering correct user & password for this 1000, and reconnecting remote and Rf box to to computer; I went to work & added the SA & removed the Tivo. Every time I tried to updated the remote & Rf unit after the device change was made; I kept running into an issue with, an error, when ever the RF unit was attempting to be updated.
With 1 of our bench techs looking over my shoulder, we attempted to up date again and found we could get past our initial error by: not connecting RF to AC pwr supply, not using the 1 USB jack on my lap top that has a loose connectiON inside computer, and turning antiware/spyware off.
NOW WE HAVE A NEW PROBLEM THAT WE CAN'T FIGURE OUT: THE 1000 SCREEN LIGHTS UP WITH "FIRMWARE UPGRADE SUCCESSFUL - PLEASE UPDATE YOUR REMOTE WITH THE REMOTE SOFTWARE" AND WILL NOT GO AWAY, UNLESS YOU DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE. ALSO, WHEN I ATTEMPT TO UPDATE REMOTE, I GET TO A SCREEN THAT SAYS "COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR WIRELESS EXTENDER. THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES..... and IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN IS THE MESSAGE TO PLUG THE USB CABLE INTO THE REMOTE or PRESS ANY BUTTON TO WAKE UP REMOTE.
Can't get past this screen(I've let it sit there for 45 minutes & have tried from another internet connection at our shop). Completion % stays at zero. Remote stays lit with firmware upgade successful message.
WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?????????

Hosting Services by ipHouse