Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 9, 2008 at 13:32
18days
Lurking Member
November 2008
Hi All, First post here

I have had the Harmony 885 for a year now and everything was fine until i bought a new lcd this week.

The TV is a samsung clone (i think) and it uses the same way to choose an input, see the quote below from the harmony software.

"Method 3: Select this method if your TV is a Samsung, or if you press a button to bring up an on-screen menu of source inputs, press a different button to cycle between them, and press a third button to accept the selection."

The problem that i have is selecting the hdmi inputs, Now i only use hdmi1 & hdmi2, i do not really have any need to use any other inputs on a regular basis. If i am watching skyhd on hdmi1 and i want to watch my generic satellite box on hdmi2, i press the activity watch sat box and the channel moves down one from skyhd on hdmi1 to hdmi2. Now this is where the problem starts, if i want to go back to watching skyhd, i have programmed the input to go up one channel to from hdmi2 to hdmi1, however it does not, it continues to scroll down past the all the other inputs (about 8 if my memory is correct) back to hdmi1, instead of moving up one.

It seems like i can not configure the controller to choose the input to go up for one activity and to go down one for another activity, it seems like i have one choice only, everything up or everything down.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help.

Thanks in advance
18days

Hosting Services by ipHouse