The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 13, 2008 at 14:47
Ken Gillett
Long Time Member
September 2002
I want to delete IR commands from a device. Is this possible?

The reason is that when creating a device for my Yamaha amp, it automatically chooses a RECEIVER that has the same model code (from a different market I guess). So I get a whole load of additional IR commands that are plain WRONG for my amp. I just want to delete them. I know I can simply not use them in the device buttons, but in the device and any activities in which it is used the list of commands to choose from is twice as long as it needs to be and just plain irritating that I cannot seem to eliminate the junk.

Also, when setting up the device to remove any references to those commands, I ended up with several blank pages so moving the commands I wanted to keep was extremely tiresome. I really wanted to just delete the empty pages to tidy it all up. Is it possible to delete empty pages?

Before anyone says I shouldn't be using devices, I generally don't, but occasionally I do need to tweek the surround sound settings etc and there's no way I'm copying every command for the amp into EVERY activity that uses it (i.e. ALL the activities), that would be just daft. Better to use the device as a centralised repository of all the commands that you don't want in the Activities.

Can IR commands and blank pages be deleted?

Hosting Services by ipHouse