The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 10, 2008 at 09:19
Ken Gillett
Long Time Member
September 2002
Always irritated me that you cannot use favourite channels for a radio/tuner based activity on the Harmony One. Following advice from others I have a workaround that I believe would help others with the same device - Pure DRX-702 DAB tuner (701 uses same codes except 'Band' which doesn't exist on the 701).

I created a new Digital Set-top box as a VideoLogic DRX-702 and manually added in all the IR codes. Since this device type is thought to be TV based (and hence Logitech have allowed us to have Favourites), you can use this in a 'Play Music' activity by selecting 'cable/set-top box' and the activity will then allow you to set up the favourite channels.

It is my understanding that this device will now (or very soon) be in Logitech's database and accessible by others. In which case it should help others with either of these devices. Otherwise, you'll just have to create your own:-(

Truth is, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops in this way. Not allowing favourites for radio based activities is just plain DUMB.

Hosting Services by ipHouse