Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 3, 2009 at 18:35
eugene.collins
Lurking Member
January 2009
Hi,

Too late, I've already bought the Harmony 1000...... Help please!

Bottom line is that I can't seem to select the correct setup for the Harmony 1000 to automatically select the relevant "Source" for each of the Activities I have set up when turning on the system.

I am using the following equipment with the historic ("Source") settings on the AVR-4308 set as:

Denon AVR-4308
Epson EMP-TW1000
Sky+HD ("SAT")
Play Station 3 ("HDP")

I have attempted to setup the following "Activities" on the H1000 and in brackets are the Source functions on the AVR-4308:

"Watch TV" - (SAT)
"Watch a DVD" - (HDP)
"Play a Game" (HDP)

I have tried renaming the default source names so they match; I have tried to program the remote to learn the "Source" buttons directly; I have also tried using the other available multi-step functions which allow you to select a sequence of button commands to access the GUI "menu" and then to "cycle" through available sources. The problem with the latter is you actually need to press more than 2 buttons to get to the source menu: Press Menu => Press Down (Cycle down to highlight submenu "Sources") => Press Right to Move into Source menu => Press Down (Cycle Down to Select appropriate Source e.g. "SAT")

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Eugene

Hosting Services by ipHouse