Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 6, 2009 at 12:25
eieio
Long Time Member
October 2002
Dear All:

I just upgraded to the Harmony One but have not yet had much time to use it - just reprogramed it from my 880 to the Harmony One.

Encountered one issue: Waking Up the LCD via "Tilt Sensor" is not sufficiently sensitive. i noticed that when i pick up the Harmony One, sometimes, the LCD does NOT light up. i would have to shake it a bit. even softly moving it to one side won't do it. i have to grab it firmly and literally shake it.

it is not convenient when the remote is sitting nearby and i'm just picking it up a short distance away and have to really shake it a bit to turn on / wake up the LCD.

if there is a button to press without disturbing anything? i.e. assuming i'm at the Watch TV activity, i don't want to push "Menu", for example, because then the TV will show the PVR's Guide at the bottom of the TV screen so i'll have to push Menu a 2nd time to get rid of it. One solution that i found is pressing the up/down arrow that is to the right of the Menu button. that is NOT the 4-way arrow, but rather, the Page Up/Page Down button. i tried that because it is not active when you're watching TV unless you're in the TV/PVR Guide area, so it is a "benign" press of the button.

i'm certain that there is a better "work around" solution or button that the good folks here have found. i'd be grateful if someone can give me a good way of "waking up" the LCD without "disturbing" any of the functions.

thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse