The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday July 8, 2002 at 15:11
Azistoohot
Founding Member
December 2001
I've decoded most of Dish's IR system (at least, the way the Pronto interprets it). What I've found is the codes have the following format: upper 6 bits, then address, then lower 6 bits. It seems that only the lower 6 bits are used, which gives 64 combinations. I've tried all 64 combinations and I have them mapped out -- no discrete on and off, unfortunately.

However, if I modify the upper 6 bits, I get strange results. For instance, if I modify one of the upper six bits to be a zero, then I get the code in the lower 6 bits (ie, the receiver acts just as if only the lower 6 bits were sent, with the higher 6 bits being all ones). But if I make a different one of the upper 6 bits be zero, then a code that's not the lower 6 bits is accepted by the receiver -- this doesn't make sense.

The point is that, if the upper 6 bits do matter, then there are 64x64 = 4096 different codes. There's simply no way I can test that many codes. I have tested over 128 codes, and I have another 128 ready to be converted into Pronto codes. I can test the second set of 128 codes, but there's no way I can test 4096 codes.

Anyone up for some code testing help -- perhaps a second opinion would help me to determine how the codes actually work, so that we'd have less codes to test.

Hosting Services by ipHouse