The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday October 17, 2002 at 13:00
steven_m
Long Time Member
October 2002
Thanks a ton for everyone working with me on this (esp. Jon)...I'm trying to bully my way through this programming quickly and it ain't workin'.

I started with the sr5200 file on the JP1 website. A few of the funtions worked...but more than that, I got a much better understanding of how this all works (I have read all of the JP1 beginner text and FAQ...before I really got into this, but I'm more of the hands on type. I went back and reread a lot of info. and that really helped). I have posted a few things on the JP1 group site, but haven't had any responses....that's why I've preferred this location.

I'm programming a OFA URC-8910 using JP1, IR307.exe, KM master, & Devices4.

Let me talk out loud here....(my statements may be obvious, but I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly):

It seems that the Marantz uses the RC-5 and RC-5x protoc. Rob Crowe's "sr5200" combiner file that you mentioned earlier seems to make it possible to use commands from either protocol and allows for multiple device codes to be used (which, in that file, are in hex format as "fixed data" and you call on whichever one is to be used per EFC/OBC. I think the device codes are what's messing me up. It seems for that Marantz receiver, the RC-5 device code is 16 and for RC-5x commands it should be 116. Although some of the documentation I've seen also uses 17. Either way, you can call on any of these when configuring your functions. But I still can't get documentation that explicitely says

Function = X
Device code = Y
EFC= Z

...to plug them in. I know it's not quite that simple but I can't even seem to find the pattern of how it works.

Can the command set that you (jarmstrong) posted in an earlier message, be converted to such info? Doesn't it all just boil down to hex?

I'm not trying to do anything fancy at this point. My main goal is really just to add a new device (RCVR...or anything), and be able to setup the functions per EFC's. So far (on a blank KeyMap Master) I've:

-Set remote to URC-8910
-Device type to Cable (more buttons)
-Setup Code = 1321
-Protocol set to RC-5
(per Devices4.xls )
-and device codes (16, 17, 116)
-I then input EFC's into the functions sheet (with nothing in the byte column)
-assign functions to buttons on buttons sheet
-copy code over to IR (by adding device, cable, 1321)
-upload.
-change setup code on cable button to 1321 (or change it in IR before upload)
-try some buttons.....nothing. Or at least not much.

I'm assuming my EFC's were incorrect.

Whew, this post has been all over the place, sorry.
If you can make sense of it, comment, please.

JACSAC.....I can learn any of the commands from the original remote....but I'm trying to save memory by just upgrading.

Hosting Services by ipHouse