Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday November 7, 2002 at 18:00
jarmstrong
Founding Member
March 2002
Peter,

1) I meant that the commands I posted were the "universe" and there are apparently some units that resond to most commands and then two others that have a more limited command set.

2)The NEC protocol (as defined in MakeHex) has 32 bits. The first 8-bits are the device code = 24 for both and the next 8-bits are the sub-device code = 24 for the latter. If no sub-device code is present the second eight bits defaults to the complement (255-24 = 231) in the case of the former. Those are the short hand notation and what MakeHex understands so NEC:24 could also be expressed as NEC:24.231. The final 16 bits in the NEC protocol are Function and Function Complement (8-bits each)

3) No, 173 is the function code and 096 is the EFC code UEIC uses in universal remotes. These commands are what I decoded or got off of another site, so I really don't know what Wide / Format / Zoom means. It may have a different meaning depending on model or it could be a circular toggle.

I don't have a NEC plasma display and I got this command set trying to help out someone on another group. I believe that most commands worked for him.

-Jon

Hosting Services by ipHouse