The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday July 6, 2004 at 16:11
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I just fixed the NECx1.irp in the .zip file of makehex (Jon found an error in it a while back and I had fixed my local copy and forgot to update the .zip)

To create all 256 codes, you should start by downloading MakeHex from
[Link: john.fine.home.comcast.net]
and unzip it to some directory.

Next use a text editor (such as Notepad) to open NECx1.irp and change the device number to 45 and save.

Next drag the icon for necx1.irp onto the icon for Makehex.exe, which will create a file necx1.hex containing all 256 pronto hex samples.

Then you probably want the IRpanels program, which is available (misnamed CCF panels) here
[Link: remotecentral.com]

Open the necx1.hex file in a text editor and select all and copy. Then open IRpanels and paste. That will create a CCF containing the 256 commands.

Then merge that CCF into a CCF containing enough of your system to support testing operations, and test.

You may also want to use the DecodeCCF program and DecodeIR.dll from the JP1 group to decode one of the CCF files for your DVD. That will tell you the number of each known command so you can skip them in testing rather than rediscover known functions.

I temporarily posted copies of those in my comcast account to make it easier for non JP1 access, but they probably won't be there long term. Both are updated frequently and I'd rather update fewer places:
[Link: home.comcast.net]
[Link: home.comcast.net]

This message was edited by johnsfine on 07/06/04 16:25.

Hosting Services by ipHouse