The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday November 9, 2004 at 07:46
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I got that email and the formatting does make everything clear and the parts that matter match what I guessed ealier. I'll check individual commands against CCF files later to see what might be new.

In all those binary numbers, the first 5 bits (column D in the original) are the device number (What Sharp calls "SYSTEM"). That is in LSB sequence, so you reverse the sequence and then convert to decimal. Three values are in that list: 10000 is device 1; 10001 is device 17; and 01111 is device 30.

The next 8 bits (column E and F in the original) is the function, which is similarly translated to decimal by reversing the 8 bit sequence then coverting.

The next 2 bits (column G) are control bits that are part of the definition of Sharp protocol and are always that way.

The last few command also have Columns H and I, which are in hex rather than binary.

Column H is two hex digits 11 or 01 which represents column D reversed and converted from binary to hex (10000 -> 01; 10001 ->11). That and the first digit of column I are all I misunderstood when reading without the formatting. But they're redundant anyway.

Column I is three hex digits, which represent columns E through G merged together, reversed, and converted from binary to hex, for example: 010100_10_10-->14A

Hosting Services by ipHouse