The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday November 8, 2004 at 19:20
avdconsultants
Long Time Member
November 2004
Yesterday, I had an opportunity to try out some Sharp codes with about 8 different current LCD models ranging from 13" to 26". I tried several different command sets including the commands that are the subject of this thread, the older LC37 command set that was posted earlier this year, and some front projection codes I have had for several years. I did this rather quickly and did not document the details, so I do not represent that I tried every combination, but I did try most commands with most of the models. What I found confirmed the inconsistency that we've all experienced. Here's an overview of the results:

ON commands - All ON commands seemed to operate almost every set as a discrete ON command.

OFF commands - All sets seemed to give some response to all OFF commands, but with some models the OFF command acted as a POWER TOGGLE. However, with other sets, the same command acted correctly as a discrete OFF.

Antenna A and B - These seemed to work correctly with the few models that had A and B antenna inputs.

Input commands 1-5, Component, PC card, iLink, etc. - Input commands 1 & 2 seemed to be fairly consistent with both sets of LCD panel commands, on all models except for the 26", which would respond only to the PC card and iLink commands from the newest command set. Even though the projection power commands had worked, none of the LCD panel models responded to any of the projection input commands. The commands from the two LCD panel code sets for Inputs 3-5 and the component inputs did not work at all on some models (including the LC26) and activated the incorrect inputs on other models.

###

Hosting Services by ipHouse