The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday July 1, 2004 at 11:52
DeanM1
Lurking Member
June 2004
Well, by playing around with ProntoUtil, discovering the CCFCompiler, and learning a little bit about IR codes with MakeHex and irTool, I figured out how to generate a bunch o' codes and test each one with the Pronto...

Generated 0..255 codes for device 30, 17, and 1, in the Sharp/Denon format. Found some interesting undocumented codes (service menus, etc, including one which placed a boxed [K] on the display in the middle left and required a system reset to remove), but no discrete inputs!

Next step is to learn all the buttons off the OEM remote, use irTool to decode them to see if the unit uses a device code other than 1, 17, or 30, and if so, use ProntoUtil to generate code pages for that/those devices(s).

Failing that, I'll be buying a Xantech IRS232A and the associated gear (power supply, IR picker/upper, remote control) to the tune of about $500 and I'll drive the inputs via RS-232 port on the Sharp. I may do this anyway, since it allows greater use of all the inputs anyway (because it allows discrete usage of component vs. composite video inputs, for example)... How to sneak that component into the house w/o the wife noticing yet-another-peice of gear?!

Enough rambling and on with the job...

// Dean

Hosting Services by ipHouse